Judge Michael R. Sliwinski
The Honorable Judge Michael R. Sliwinski is a United States Marine Corps veteran,
graduate of the University of Dayton School of Law, and a devoted husband and father of two beautiful girls. Judge Sliwinski is proud to serve Cleveland’s neighborhoods and committed to serving all who enter his courtroom at the Cleveland Municipal Court.
While serving in the United States Marine Corps, Judge Sliwinski graduated Magna Cum Laude from Chaminade University, earning a B.S. and B.A. in Criminal Justice and Political Science. After an honorable discharge from the United States Marine Corp, Judge Sliwinski continued his education at the University of Dayton School of Law, graduating Cum Laude and earning honors for his work in the area of consumer protection.
Judge Sliwinski has enjoyed a very rewarding and diverse legal career. As an attorney in private practice, as Assistant Attorney General in the Consumer Protection Division of the Ohio Attorney General’s Office, and as Assistant Legal Counsel at the Ohio Lottery Commission, Judge Sliwinski has gained over 13 years of extensive legal experience. Along with this legal background, he has enjoyed the opportunity to volunteer his time to serve several committees and organizations, including his service as Treasurer of the Cuyahoga County Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Monument from 2011-2016. Judge Sliwinski is excited to utilize this experience every day on the bench of the Cleveland Municipal Court with the sole purpose of “Serving our Neighborhoods” of Cleveland!
· United States Marine Corps, 1994-1998
· Honorably discharged with rank of Sergeant
· Third generation military veteran
Professional and Legal Experience
· Assistant Attorney General, Ohio Attorney General’s Office
· Assistant Legal Counsel, Ohio Lottery Commission
· Private law practice focusing on criminal defense, consumer
protection, and general civil litigation
· Former prosecutor for Lakeland Community College
· Presenter at Ohio Judicial College
· Chairman of Title Defect Recission Fund sub-committee
· Representative on Attorney General’s Sunshine Law Task Force
· Adjunct professor at Notre Dame College
· Association of Municipal/County Judges of Ohio Inc.
· Cleveland Municipal Bar Association
· Northern Ohio Municipal Judges Association
· Ohio Judicial Conference
· Ohio State Bar Association
· Westshore Bar Association
· Parishioner, St. Mark’s Westpark
Family and Personal background
· Married to Colleen, a public school teacher, and devoted father
of two daughters: Ella age 10 and Norah age 6
· University of Dayton School of Law, cum laude
· B.A. and B.S., Chaminade University, magna cum laude
· Padua High School
· Judge Sliwinski’s father is a Vietnam Veteran and retired business
owner, and his mother is a retired elementary school teacher